Saturday, May 21, 2011

On Sunday...

Mr 11 came over to our place.  I was helping him with a project.  As we were sitting at the table colouring in or cutting out (I can't remember), Mr 11 politely asked, "can I please have a soda?"  He has apparently decided that he is American... an unfortunate illness I am trying to cure. "Sorry, no,  there is no soft drink in the house at all" I said simply.  He stared at me in surprise, his accusing eyes shifted towards the fridge as if he thought I was lying.  I looked at the BFF then back at 11 and said, "I'm telling the truth.  There is no soft drink in the house at all."
"Oh," he conceded, "what about some chocolate?"
"No, there is no chocolate either," I replied.  At this; the poor kid looked up at me and I thought his eyes were going to fall out of his head as he asked, "why?"
The BFF and I looked at each other and she said, "I am too lazy to go grocery shopping."
I followed this up with, "and I'm poor because I haven't been paid."
Mr 11 considered this for a moment, then, with great concern he asked, "if there is no chocolate and no soda, how have you been surviving?"

LOL :)