Monday, April 4, 2011

Books

I think you can learn a lot about a person by what they read.  Forrest Gump says you can tell a lot about a person by their shoes, the same goes for books!  You can see if that person loves to read, if they only do it when they have to (for work for example), if they study, if they are focussed, what they like and dislike.  If you have a strong knowledge of the books they are reading you can also get a feel for their view of the world, their opinions, ideas and vocabulary.  All this just from reading a book list.  So here is mine.

Books I am reading:
(I have started and am on the way to finishing)

  1. Daily Steps for God Chicks, by Holly Wagner (devotional book to guide my Bible reading)
  2. The Bible (when I finish I will start again)
  3. Pygmalion, by George Bernard Shaw
  4. The King's Speech, by Mark Logue and Peter Conradi
  5. Writing Strategies and Ideas for Literacy Block Activities, (this one is for work)
Of course I am always browsing.  I also whip through the occasional children's picture book for something fun.  

Books I have recently finished:
  1. Reading Magic, by Mem Fox (I would love to have a meal with this woman and bombard her with questions!)
  2. Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Series), by Jeff Kinney
  3. Diary of a Wombat, by Jackie French
  4. Baby Wombat's Week, by Jackie French
  5. The Sign of the Seahorse, by Graeme Base
  6. The Legend of the Golden Snail, by Graeme Base
  7. Window, by Jeannie Baker
Wish List... What's Next?!
  1. Private Atmosphere, by Margaret Martin (my next devotional book)
  2. 100 Cupboards, by ND Wilson (I swear I'm going to finish it!)
  3. Great American Mousical by Julie Andrews
  4. Everything Mem Fox has ever written!
  5. Everything Jackie French has ever written!
  6. Everything Graeme Base has ever written/ illustrated!
  7. Everything Jeanie Baker has ever written/ illustrated!
  8. The remaining works of Norah Ephron (I already have a few of her books)
  9. Anything Jane Austen has written that I haven't read yet!
  10. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy (all five books), by Douglas Adams
There you go Mum, if you can't find me a Birthday and Christmas present out of that lot, I don't think I can help you.

Enjoy your Monday People!  :)