Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Bible

We are all aware that I LOVE books!  Okay, so the best book of all is, in my opinion, the Bible.  There are so many different versions of it that it is almost impossible to say that you didn't know, that you didn't understand.  I am so grateful that I have had access to a Bible everyday of my life.  I have more than one, a privilege that I think many of us sometimes take for granted.  


While, I have much to say on the matter, I am going to keep it brief.  I love my Bible.  It is the one book that can be opened over and over everyday for thousands of lifetimes and still be fresh and relevant to the reader.  There is a reason that The Holy Bible was once the world's number one best seller for decades.  Believe what you will, and you will, but my Bible is a light in my darkness.  This lovely book which comes in many shapes, sizes, formats and languages; teaches, comforts, guides, reassures, corrects, instructs, blesses and tells stories.  I am so privileged to live in a country where I can have more than one Bible.  I am so privileged to have people in my life who read the Bible to me when I was a child and even more people who help to understand the message this text offers.  I am so privileged.  

Thank you Father God for Your Word!