Sunday, April 8, 2018

Happy April... A Very Crafty Holiday

I know this week's blog post is a few days late.  When you have public holidays and school holidays on top of each other it is easy to forget that it's really Wednesday when it feels like Tuesday! I have been having a wonderful time at the craft table lately so let's get right to it.

Naturally Inspired Stamp of Approval Collection


Back in February my Aunty lent me three Stamp of Approval Collections by Catherine Pooler Designs.  These collections are amazing and while I love Catherine's products, I haven't invested in my own SOA collection yet, but I'm a convert.  I always thought that the collections were a great idea but there were stamp sets that I thought I would never use.  Silly me!  I have been loving this collection and using all the stamp sets and dies like crazy.  It's beautiful.


This card was inspired by and CASE'd off this card

I whipped this card up using scraps of card stock strips and some lovely stamps. 
The strips of cardstock are inked up using stamps from the Love is in the Air SOA but
most of the supplies are from Naturally Inspired and while I didn't have a specific card in mind,
I had seen and pinned this card before I made it. 

Inspired by the many 'eclipse' cards that are trending in Facebook craft groups.
I made two of these cards as I was using my Stamping Platform and it was so easy.
To make this card I used three stamp sets and a die from the Naturally Inspired Collection
These were given to two ladies who volunteered in our school tuckshop for more than 15 years.
They were retiring! 

I'm sure I got the idea for this card from viewing many cards on Pinterest 
and many videos on You Tube.  I masked off a rectangle on the card and sponged it
before using the same ink to stamp the flourish and birds. 
The sentiment comes from Simply the Best Stamp Set.
This video by Ingrid Blackburn explains this technique beautifully. 

When I saw the Medallion Mix Up stamp set, I gasped with wonder and couldn't
wait to get my hands on it! The layout of this card is simple and can be recreated with 
almost any stamp set.  I didn't have a recipient in mind when I made it, I just started to play. 

I have been so productive at the craft table that I have to share more with you next week. 

Enjoy!